"Richard has an impressively strong character and an exceptionally high level of moral integrity. He is intelligent, decisive and extremely capable, a naturally talented communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and good leadership qualities. Having played a central role in the election of Greg Hands MP in 2005 he clearly has a good understanding of electoral processes and how to achieve excellent results at the ballot box. I would not hesitate to recommend Richard as an ideal prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Conservative Party."
- Andrew Rosindell MP, Member of Parliament for Romford & Former Shadow Home Affairs Minister
“As a fellow Yorkshireman who fought and won a tough Labour seat in the urban north, I know what it takes to achieve such a victory and Richard has got it in spades. He is charismatic, energetic and driven with a never-say-die attitude and the ability to instantly connect with people from all backgrounds. Others explicitly trust his leadership, judgement and organisational skills. He is the ideal election candidate."
- Philip Davies MP, Member of Parliament for Shipley
'Richard played an active role in my General Election Campaign in Lancaster in 2001 whilst he was still a student, and has since continued to be a committed and hard working supporter of our Party. He will make an excellent choice for a constituency looking for a strong, experienced campaigner with true Conservative instincts.'
- Stephen Barclay MP, Member of Parliament for North East Cambdridgeshire and former candidate for Lancaster & Wyre
"Richard is a hard working, committed and intelligent individual with good political instincts and an ability to engage with people from all backgrounds. He would make a fantastic candidate."
- John Glen MP, Member of Parliament for Salisbury & PPS to Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities & Local Government
"Richard is a fabulous campaigner and a passionate Conservative. Richard has the skills and commitment to win any seat and would make a brilliant MP."
- Andrew Griffiths MP, Member of Parliament for Burton
"Richard is an exceptionally hardworking and determined Conservative. Exactly the sort of candidate we need to take the fight to our opponents and make a real difference to our electoral chances."
- Justin Tomlinson MP, Member of Parliament for Swindon North
"Richard is a highly personable individual, who interacts in an engaging manner and seems at ease no matter what the audience. He is highly organised, determined and able to motivate others, which is essential for election candidates and future MPs."
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Member of Parliament for Gosport & Government Small Business Ambassador
"Richard is exactly the sort of person you would want as your local MP. He is someone who is able to connect with people of all backgrounds, as he has shown through many years of campaigning across the country, both in party politics and charity-work; he is an intelligent politician with strong Conservative principles; and he would make a great champion for his constituency, and a committed and effective local MP."
- Mark Pawsey MP, Member of Parliament for Rugby
"Richard is great campaigner, a real Conservative that has supported the Party through ups and downs. I have campaigned alongside Richard at all levels of elections and he was a brilliant help in my campaign to win Stevenage."
- Stephen McPartland MP, Member of Parliament for Stevenage
“Richard is a smashing guy who I have known for a number of years, from dealing with him I know that he understands the type of seats that the Conservatives need to form a majority. I have no doubt that he would make an excellent MP.”
- Marcus Jones MP, Member of Parliament for Nuneaton
"Richard is a sharp-minded, committed, passionate and energetic campaigner who would make a superb candidate."
- Chris Heaton-Harris MP, Member of Parliament for Daventry
“I have known Richard for many years and he is an ideal candidate for the forthcoming election. Richard is hard working, a keen campaigner and knowledgeable about the issues affecting the country.”
- Bob Blackman MP, Member of Parliament for Harrow East
"Richard is one of the good guys. I've campaigned with him and he has a manner that helps him get on well with everyone."
- Simon Kirby MP, Member of Parliament for Brighton Kemptown
“Richard was a key member of our team during our campaign to take back the parliamentary seat in Hammersmith & Fulham. His hard work, dedication and practical suggestions were invaluable and without him we may not have pulled off such a great result!"
- Sean Donovan Smith, Former Chairman of Hammersmith & Fulham Conservative Association
"I have known Richard politically since the 2012 London Mayoral election. He is a hard working and engaged local activist with excellent organisational skills and dedication to achieving victory for the Conservative Party. I am sure his experience and campaigning skills will stand him in very good stead as a parliamentary candidate."
- Dr Charles Tannock MEP, Member of the European Parliament for London
“I have known and campaigned alongside Richard for over a decade, and in particular during the vital campaign in the marginal seat of Hammersmith & Fulham in the 2005 General Election. He has always been totally dedicated, hardworking and determined to win, with creative outside-the-box thinking. He’d make an excellent candidate and Member of Parliament."
- Greg Smith, Leader of Hammersmith & Fulham Conservative Group & Former Deputy Leader of Hammersmith & Fulham Council
"I have known Richard for many years and campaigned alongside him in Reading, where he stood as a council candidate in a very tricky urban Labour ward. Clearly experienced in political campaigning, he took the initiative and led a determined fight, targeting key local issues, and produced a huge increase in the Conservative vote."
- Richard Willis, Chairman of Reading East Conservative Association
"I've known Richard personally for many years and campaigned alongside him in several different elections and locations in the UK. As someone who fought a tough Yorkshire seat in 2010 I know the type of character required to be a candidate and I'd thoroughly recommend Richard as having the skills, personality and drive to be an excellent PPC."
- Antony Calvert, former PPC for Morley & Outwood 2010, who acheived a 10.3% swing against Labour
"I've worked with Richard on several campaigns. He is enthusiastic and energetic and really knows how to inspire people around him to get things done. He is loyal, hardworking and has in all my dealings with him demonstrated real integrity and strength of character. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to any association. He will be a fantastic Parliamentary Candidate and an excellent MP."
- Carl Thomson, Conservative Councillor on Woking Borough Council
"I've worked with Richard on several projects and events, which have raised funds and the profile of our charity. He is extremely well organised, good at managing people, and calm in a crisis. Our charity has greatly benefited from working alongside him."
- Richard Peers, UK Director of iOrphan